Kutajarishta is a liquid Ayurvedic medicine, used in the treatment of diarrhoea, dysentery, IBS etc. It contains 5 – 10 % of self generated alcohol in it. This self generated alcohol and the water present in the product acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble the active herbal components to the body.
- Holarrhena antidysenterica (Kutaja)-Stem bark
- Dry grapes (Mridveeka)
- Madhuca indica (Madhuka)–FLower
- Gmelina arborea (Kashmari)–Stem bark/root
- water for Kashayam
- Jaggery (Guda)
- Woodfordia fruticosa (Dhataki)-flower
Indications Of Kutajarishta or Kutajarishtam
Benefits of Kutajarishta
- This medicine strengthen digestive power.
- It treats loose motion and bloody dysentery.
- It is completely herbal and does not pose health risks.
- It is easily available. In North India it is called ‘Kutajarishta’ and in Southern part ‘Kutajarishtam’.
- Grahani (malabsorption syndrome), Sprue
- Pravahika (dysentery), Chronic diarrhea
- Rakt-atisara (diarrhea with blood)
- Chronic fever, long continued fever
- Colitis, Bleeding Piles with discharge of mucus
- Corrects digestion, appetite and assimilation
- Also useful in cough
- 12 – 24 ml. one or two times a day, usually advised after food.
- If needed, it can be mixed with equal quantity of water.
Precautions For Kutajarista
It is safe to use this medicine in lower dose, in children above 5 years of age.
Pregnancy and lactation.
During pregnancy it is best to take only under medical supervision.
Self medication during pregnancy should be avoided.
It can be taken during lactation period, under doctor’s advice, for a short period of time.
Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.