Also known as
About Mahashankh Vati
Baidyanath is a range of 100% natural and safe products with rare herbs collected from the foothills of the Himalayas. Each product combines the best of Ayurveda with years of dedicated research. Batch to batch performance and complete purity and safety are assured through the application of advanced pharmaceutical technology at every stage of manufacture. ISO 9001: 2000 certification awarded for design, manufacture and marketing of herbal health care products. Baidyanth uses the tools of modern science to create pharmaceutical-grade Ayurveda & Unani products. Today, these products have found acceptance with medical fraternities and serve the health and personal care needs of consumers in global markets.
Mahashankh Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine, useful in gastritis, indigestion, piles etc. It contains aconite and heavy metal ingredients. Hence, it should only be used under strict medical supervision.
Ingredients of Mahashankh Vati
- Romaka Lavana
- Vida Lavana – Vida salt
- Samudra Lavana – Common salt
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
- Hingu – Asa foetida
- Shankha Bhasma – Bhasma of Conch Shell
- Chincha – Tamarind – Tamarindus indica (Kshara)
- Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Vali – Gandhaka – Purified and processed Sulphur
- Rasa – Herbal purified Mercury
- Shuddha Vatsanabha – Purified Aconitum ferox
- Shikhi – Chitraka – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica
- Saikharika – Apamarga – Achyarnthes aspera
- Amlavarga – tamarind, gooseberry
- Nimbu – Lemon juice
1. Malabsorption syndrome
5. Acidity/ GERD
(150 mg) – 1 – 2 tablets 1 – 2 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Side effects of Mahashankh Vati
- It contains aconite and over-dosage may cause low BP (Hypotension) and lowering of heart beats (Bradycardia).
- It contains heavy metal ingredients, and hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- It is best to avoid this medicine in children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Take this medicine only in prescribed dosage for particular time period only.
- Over-dosage may cause poisonous side effects.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.