About Dabur Drakshavaleha
Drakshavaleha is an Ayurvedic medicine. In Ayurvedic medicines, Avaleha or Leha is a semi-solid preparation which is prepared with addition of jaggery, sugar, honey or sugar-candy and boiled with prescribed herb juice or decoction. They are also known as Modaka, Guda, Khanda, Rasayana, Leham etc. Drakshavaleha is mentioned in Astanga Hridaya Chikithsasthana for Pandu Roga. It is a well-known medicine for jaundice and anaemia. The main ingredient of this medicine is Draksha or Vitis vinifera. In some places of India, Drakshavaleha is also recommended by Ayurvedic physicians for pregnant woman as it is a Rasayana that deals with weakness, anaemia, digestive disorders, improves weight gain and liver function.
Indications of Dabur Drakshavaleha
Drakshavaleha has anti-anemic properties and nutritional properties. It has been used as a Naimittika Rasayana (promoter of specific vitality in specific disease).
- Chronic obstructive Jaundice
- Hyper Acidity, indigestion/Dyspepsia
- Heart Burn
- Liver and digestive disorders
Ingredients of Dabur Drakshavaleha
- Draksha – Raisins (Dry grapes)
- Kana – Pippali – Long pepper
- Sharkara – sugar
- Madhuka – Yashtimadhu – licorice
- Shunti – Ginger
- Twak Ksheeri – Vamsha lochana – Bambusa bambos
- Dhatri rasa – juice extract of Amla
- Madhu – honey
Dosage of Dabur Drakshavaleha
- 2 to 4 teaspoonful (10 to 20 gm) twice a day or as directed by the Physician.
Precautions of Dabur Drakshavaleha
- Self medication of this medicine is not advised.
- Over-dosage may cause adverse effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time,as advised by doctor.
- Keep away from children’s reach.
- Pregnant and Lactating mother should consult before taking this medicine.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.