Also known as
Gunpowder is a black or brown explosive substance consisting of an intimate mechanical mixture of potassium nitrate (saltpeter; nitre), charcoal, and sulphur.
Uses of Gunpowder (3X – 6X)
- Abscesses, blood-poisoning, infected wounds and deep-seated septic cellulitus.
- Injuries of septic and toxic origin.
- Bites of animals, cuts or deep injuries that are followed by pus formation.
- Boils becomes filled with blood and pus and it remains very hard and tender.
Common symptoms of Gunpowder (3X – 6X)
- Wounds that have become poisoned with the germs of putrefaction.
- In children for worms- Lumbricoides.
Important indicated symptoms of Gunpowder (3X – 6X)
- A remedy for various kinds of Blood Affections (poisoning).
- Gunpowder assists to increase the normal antispetic action of the blood, enables the blood to get rid of disease germs.
- An excellent blood purifier in low potency.
- Gunpowder helps healing after extraction of abscessed tooth.
- Used for wounds with septic suppuration which refuse to heal
- Gunpowder is used for both medication as well as a prophylactic.
- The poison (germs) quickly finds its way into the blood – boils, carbuncles, eruptions, abscesses, or other manifestations appear, showing unmistakably that the blood has been poisoned. To all these conditions Gunpowder acts as an antidote.
- Tendancy to Recurrent Boils.
Cause for the complaints in Gunpowder (3X – 6X)
Blood Poisoning, Bites, Injuries
Reactions with Gunpowder (3X – 6X)
It is safe to take the tablets even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc. Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines. It is safe and has no side effects.
Dosage of Gunpowder (3X – 6X)
- Put tablets into mouth and allow them to dissolve under the tongue.
- Adults and adolescents (12 years and older)2 to 4 tablets,four times daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
- Children (under 12 years)2 tablets twice a day.
- In acute cases a dose every hour or two.
- In severe, painful affections a dose every ten to fifteen minutes.
- In chronic affections one to four doses daily.
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.
Terms and Conditions
Homeopathic products have several uses and should be taken on the basis of symptom similarity. Results may vary depending upon the conditions.