Also known as
Common name: Borate of Sodium
Causes and symptoms of Borax
- Borax has marked action in treating aphthae ( mouth sores and ulcers). Aphthae in the mouth, on tongue and inside of the cheeks. The mucus membrane of the mouth is much reddened, easily bleeding during eating or when touched prevents child from nursing, with hot mouth.
- The tongue is cracked and bleeding with much salivation. Aphthous sore mouth worse from touch and taking salty or sour food.
- Borax acts on gastro-intestinal irritation leading to Salivation, nausea, vomiting, colic, diarrhea, collapse, albumin in urea. Delirium, hematuria (blood in urine) and skin eruptions have been involved in overdosing in borax veneta. There is dread of downward motion in nearly all complaints in borax veneta.
- Borax also helps in treating menstrual disorders and leucorrhoea. It is useful in membranous dysmenorrhoea when there is violent, labour like pain before and during the flow, as if the uterus would expel itself through the vagina.
- Menstruation is too early, too profuse and very much hot. The flow starts meagerly, but the same violent pain keeps on until the expulsion of the membrane. Borax is also indicated in leucorrhoea which is profuse, albuminous, starchy, very much hot as if warm water were flowing. Leucorrhoea is like white as mucus as like the white of an egg.
– Fear with extreme anxiety from Downward motion (elevators, stairs, airplanes ); also in the babies put to bed or being rocked, seasick
-Anxious expression of face during the downward motions, starts and throws up hands on laying patient down, as if afraid of falling.
-Excessively nervous; easily frightened. Sensitive to sudden noises. Violent fright from report of a gun, even at a distance. Fear of thunder
– Fear falling; infection and diseases.
– Babies cry and scream, when nursing, before passing stool or urine, during sleep.
– Timid and mild and irritable
– Better after stool.
– Worse 10 a.m.
– Diarrhea or thin stool + mouth ulcers
– Paleness of mucous membranes.
– Birth-trauma with Late birth.
– Timidity. Do not react.
– Aversion being rocked.
– Loss of appetite with Pale face.
-Dark red tongue
– Shrieking during sleep. Clinging to mother, cradle.
– Shriveled palate, like hands and feet.
– Skin suppurates easily after scratching.
– Descending stairs.
– Pain worse 10 a.m.
– Hair tangles easily, cannot be separated
– Aches, with nausea and trembling of whole body.
– Eyelashes turn inward into eyes.
– Visions of bright waves. Eyelids inflamed, lids cut against eyeball.
– Very sensitive to slightest noise; not so much disturbed by louder ones.
– Herpes about mouth.
– Suffering, anxious expression.
– Pale, earthy, with suffering expression.
– Swollen, with pimples on nose and lips. Feeling of cobwebs.
– ulcers; with heat in mouth; ext. through whole gastrointestinal tract.
– Pain when nursing, in child.
– White fungous like growth. Mouth hot and tender; ulcers bleed on touch and eating. Painful gumboil.
– Red nose, of young women. Red and shining swelling, with throbbing and tensive sensation. Tip swollen and ulcerated.
– Dry crusts.
– Dentition difficult.
– Nausea from riding in a car; seasickness.
– Indigestion after pears; pain from fruit.
– Distention after eating; vomiting. Gastralgia.
– Diarrhea after fruit, smoking; with colic; with oral ulcers
– Sensation of motion of hard body.
– Loose, pappy, offensive stools in children. Diarrhœa, offensive, preceded by colic; stools mucous, with aphthous sore mouth.
– Hot, smarting pain in orifice. Pungent smell. Child afraid to urinate, screams before urinating (Sarsap). Small red particles on diaper.
– Infections in children, painful urging for urination, Shouting before urination as the child knows it will hurt.
– Leucorrhoea transparent, white, albuminous (thick, white, sticky) and like boiled starch. Leucorrhoea feels as if warm water flowing down.
– Menses too soon, profuse, with griping, nausea and pain in stomach extending into small of back. Membranous dysmenorrhoea.
– Herpetic eruptions.
– Sterility, Favors easy conception.
– Vaginismus (vagina sensitive to touch) from pain.
– Menstrual pains.
– Pain in opposite breast when child nurses.
– Empty feeling in breasts after child nurses, with stitches better by compressing, pressure with hand.
– Milk: Cheesy, bad; child refuses milk.
– Stitching pain during cough or respiration.
– Hacking and violent cough; expectoration, moldy taste and smell. Cough with moldy taste-breath smells moldy.
– Arrest of breathing when lying; is obliged to jump and catch breath, which causes pain in right side. Out of breath on going up stairs.
– Feeling as of cobwebs on hands. Itching on back of finger-joints and hands.
– Throbbing pain in tip of thumb.
– Stitches in sole. Pain in heel. Burning pain in great toe; inflammation of balls of toes.
– Eczema of toes and fingers with loss of nails.
– Sleeplessness 3-5 a.m. ; from heat, esp. in head.
– Waking as from fright.
– Voluptuous dreams. Cannot sleep on account of heat, especially in head.
– Herpetic inflammation with swelling and tension (lips, face, genitalia), worse during pregnancy.
– Unhealthy skin; slight injuries suppurate
– Psoriasis. Erysipelas in face. Itching on back of finger-joints.
– Chilblains relieved in open air. Trade eruptions on fingers and hands, itching and stinging.
– Ends of hair become tangled.
– Worse, downward motion, noise, smoking, warm weather, after menses. Better, pressure, evening, cold weather.
Side effects of Borax
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Borax
Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Borax
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.